Thursday, February 2, 2017

Adventures in masking: Holika Holika 3D Medi Ampoule Masks



     Late last fall, Skin 18 started a new US blogger program so, being a huge fan of sheet masks, I applied and was chosen to be their ambassador for Tennessee. If you haven't heard of Skin18 before, they're a Hong Kong-based retailer that specializes in Korean beauty. They also run great promotions such as:

  • Freebies: Try some of their popular masks for free - just pay shipping!


     I received three of the five varieties of the Holika Holika 3D Medi Ampoule Masks - Aqua, Whitening, and Pore.  

 

Fit:

     So, I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in the AB community who actually loves the fit of 3d masks and this one didn't disappoint (much) either. The sheet material is similar to SkinFood masks - a thick-ish soft sheet with an embossed pattern.
The sheet was larger than your average 3d mask but this feature made it fit almost perfectly - it completely covered the sides of my face! It also had flaps to hug your jawline but these didn't stay put as well as I'd like.
Also, I always have issues with the seam of 3d masks splitting in the upper lip area - this one didn't!



3d Medi Aqua Ampoule Mask 



Featured ingredients: Glacier Water, hyaluronic acid, betaine

Claimed effects: "Moisturizing, Healthy Skin, Smooth Skin, Skin Balance"
 

Essence: thin, watery gel, not drippy,  no essence left over in packet.
 

Results: Recommended wear time is 10-20 minutes; I wore it for 30. This moisturized and hydrated pretty well. Residue was slightly sticky.

(Re)Purchase?: This did exactly what it was supposed to do (moisturize) but, honestly, I probably wouldn't purchase this. My skin is naturally quite oily and not particularly dehydrated so I don't really have much use for Aqua masks. Soothing and Whitening masks usually hydrate just fine for me.


Full ingredient list:






3d Medi Whitening Ampoule Mask


Featured ingredients: Vitamin C, Vitamin B derivatives, and Vitamin B6. 

Claimed effects: brightening skin tone, skin purification, whitening, and vitality. 

Essence: A thin gel. It had a light citrus scent - it sorta reminded me of chewable Vitamin C. The sheet was soaked in essence and I didn't experience any dripping. There wasn't any extra essence left in the packet.

Results: Recommended wear time is 10-20 minutes; I wore mine for closer to 30. After I removed the mask, face felt smooth and was moisturized. It also brightened nicely but only for a few hours.The mask Essence leaves a slightly  sticky residue after you pat it in but feels fine after about 10 minutes.

(Re)Purchase?: I received this mask for review but I would totally buy more of these! (In moderation though - these are 4 bucks apiece!)

Full ingredient list:






3d Medi Pore Ampoule Mask

 

Featured ingredients: Charcoal, Apricot Extract, and Allantoin

Claimed effects: Pore Closing, Sebum Absorbtion, Moisturizing, Skin Balance

Fit: This one is different from the other varieties - it's a black mask. The sheet is also a bit smaller than the white cotton sheets but it still had a decent fit. The eye and lip holes are almost too small for me, though.

Essence: smells like charcoal, thin gel, wasn't drippy
Because this material isn't as absorbent as the other varieties, there was about 1/2 T. of essence left.

Results: Wore for about 30 minutes, skin was a bit brighter, pores were refined (not significantly, though,) essence absorbed very quickly into my skin - no sticky residue, slight moisturization

(Re)Purchase?: I would definitely purchase! The effects of this mask remind me of the Leaders Pore Scaling mask - the main differences being that it's less moisturizing and there's less essence.
If you have dry-combo, normal or dry skin, you should probably pass on this one but for combo-oily and oily types, it's a winner.


Full ingredient list:






If you're interested in these and/or are looking to haul some masks, check out Skin18!




                  https://www.instagram.com/skin18com_usa/

No comments:

Post a Comment